Goals and Themes
The third international conference with tutorial day "Physics for Life Sciences" is
to be housed by Ioffe Institute. The conference is devoted to interdisciplinary studies at the intersection between physics and
life sciences: biology, medicine, and agricultural technologies.
- development of a discussion platform for scientists working in various fields of physics, biology, and medicine;
- revealing "hot problems" for which it is appropriate to develop interdisciplinary approaches;
- raising the competence level of participants in allied sciences;
- inviting physicists to solve currently pressing problems of biology and medicine.
The reports and communications included in the conference program will be distributed
among the following sessions:
- Session 1. Nanomaterials in biology and medicine (coordinator E.S Kornilova)
- Session 2. Radio spectroscopic methods in life sciences (coordinators, P.G Baranov and K.M Salikhov)
- Session 3. Technology of medical monitoring and visualization
- Session 4. Dynamics of biopolymers (coordinators S.G Lushnikov and A.P Sokolov)
- Session 5. Mathematical methods of simulation in cell neurophysiology (coordinators B.S Gutkin and A.V Chizhov)
- Session 6. Nanodiagnostics and probe technologies in biology and medicine (coordinator T.E Sukhanova)
- Session 7 Mass-spectrometric methods for biomedical problems (coordinator N.R Gall')
- Session 8. Physical methods in agricultural and genetic-selection technologies (coordinators V.A Dragavtsev and M.V Arkhipov)
- Session 9. Physical methods in photobiology (coordinator O.S Vasyutinskii)
- Session 10. Polymeric materials for biomedicine (coordinators V.E Yudin and Yu A Nashchekina)
- Session 11. Interaction of weak electromagnetic fields (EMFs) with living cells and organisms (coordinators L.N Gall' and A.G Zabrodskii)
Exhibitions and presentations of modern research equipment will be held during the Conference.